I believe you should dream big and reach for the stars in all you do, so I present this list of important milestones from the year past, with the hopes they inspire you.
- I joined Sam’s Club and pretty much strictly go there for amazingly-priced contact solution and V8. My vegetable consumption has significantly increased thanks to my near-daily V8s, and I and my health thank them for that. (Also: I have yet to purchase any containers of giant bakery cookies, which has perhaps used up all of my willpower for the foreseeable future.)
- Not too make this all about food and beverages, but I transitioned to seltzer as my daily beverage of choice, weening myself off the Pepsi One that has sustained my life (and likely Pepsi’s northern NJ sales) for roughly the last decade. My number one is currently Polar Ruby Red Grapefruit. Frustratingly, it is not as widely available as one would hope.
- I (pretty accidentally) completed the European-Countries-that-Start-with-I travel trifecta, which is a thing that exists only in my head, and is less impressive when you realize it exists because I’ve only been to one other European country anyway.
- I managed to do a pretty impressive job at actually listening to bands’ most current CDs before going to see them on three whole occasions. I am usually terrible at this (/only attend those ten-year-anniversary-type shows).
- I only lost my car keys once, which would be more impressive if losing my keys didn’t mean losing my only keys and therefore having to have my car towed to the dealership because that’s inexplicably absolutely the only way to handle the situation.
- I got as close as I have ever gotten to fulfilling my dream of Zorbing, in that the Zorbing was paid for, and I arrived at the location where the Zorbing takes place. I imagine the only closer one can get is to be at the top of the hill, strapped into the Zorb, then having to get out before rolling down the mountain. I wouldn’t say that’s not possible, though, and wouldn’t count that out when I make my next attempt.
- I beat the system with regards to New Jersey’s recent (unofficial?) ban on smiling in drivers’ license photos because I took advantage of their mail-in renewal. No trip to the DMV and a solid picture for the next 5 years? Well done.